BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Love and Other Strange Fruit, Also Interpreted as a List of Neuroses

I'm a punk-rock jazz baby...a sometime bum and ALL the time artist. Whether I'm moving my body, spreading oil over a canvas, scratching graphite onto paper, strumming my guitar or clanging and banging away on borrowed drums, I am trying to bring my insides out for all to see.
Honest to a fault, blunt to the point of annoyance (or so I'm told), I will always tell you exactly what I think of you and I will never be sorry for it.

I stare at the sky, I wash my hair in the rain, and I dance as often as possible, always as if no one is looking.

The crowning glories of my life are my children...2 beautiful children, the loves of my life. Meredith and Damon, or more often, Boo-Boo and Peanut. Beautiful and perfect, genius children.

I am nothing more than a romantic...hopelessly in love with everyone. I would sell my soul for a romantic notion, even though I'm cynical enough to know that they never work out. And even though I'm bruised and sore, out there with my feelings, wearing my heart on my sleeve...I'm emotionally exhausted and so unbelievably wary of any kind of commitment or attachment beyond loving friendship that I've cut several people off recently, following their admissions of 'feelings.'
So love me, friends, but never try to actually have me.

If I ever found the one...well, here's a snapshot:
Some one who shares my hopeless sense of romanticism, who thinks I'm beautiful, who I'm attracted to, who makes me laugh, who's honest, and who would be good to my children.
I want some one who will stay in the car to hear the rest of the song, some one who embarrasses me adorably in front of other people with displays of affection, some one who likes looking at night skies, just like me. I need some one who's like a drug at first, but becomes the sun. It has to be gravity, nuclear fusion, a force of nature between us. Some one who makes me want to use the hated words "destiny" and "fate."
I want love so strong that it almost seems wrong. I want some one who makes me laugh, cry, think, yell, scream, dance, sing...makes me EVERYTHING all at once.
And most of all...I want them to feel the same way...if I'm in the room, I want to be the ONLY person in the room, the only one they see, anyway. And I want them to love that about me.

0 comments: